Borrowed from the Boys: Plaid Pants and Bow Ties

2.14.2014

PB107319covertext PB107351 PB107317re PB107355re IMG_3374
Loft Trousers   |   Charlotte Russe Blazer  |   Zara Shoe (similar)  |   Borrowed Bow Tie (similar)  |   Borrowed  Socks (similar)

When I was 14, I went through a phase where I picked up skateboarding and wore men's clothes. Long gone are my days of wearing baggy cargo pants and spray painted DIY tees. But I still appreciate and find inspiration in menswear.

This outfit is my updated take on the tomboy look. Since menswear tends to be more limited, the focus is mainly on the details. The bow tie, skull printed socks, and windy conditions that make my hair look like a bad toupee are elements that pull this look together and make it interesting. And how could I almost forget the sweet longboard that adds the finishing touches to these photos? It brought back fond memories of how much I used to enjoy cruising around on my skateboard as a teenager.

IMG_3360 PB107356 IMG_3379re

Photos would not be possible without Hector. Thank you!

Post a Comment