Birthday

7.15.2014

IMG_4998 IMG_4908 IMG_5027

Cheers to another year! My birthday was last week, so in honor of my birthday, it was only appropriate that I don a pretty outfit and some balloons.

BCNU Top via Marshalls (similar here and here)    |   Zara Skirt (similar)   |   Vintage Daisy Bracelet via Etsy (similar)    |   Arturo Chiang Shoes

Can you believe that this is the first time I've worn this crop top since buying it a year ago? Crop tops can be intimidating for those who don't like exposing their midriff. But they work so well when paired with a high waist bottom like the skirt I'm wearing. Make sure to choose a high waist bottom that is a little longer in length. You don't want to wear a short top and a short bottom. It's all about juxtaposition. I almost forgot to mention how I made a mad dash for the closest Zara when I saw that this skirt went on sale. It was definitely too pretty to pass up.

IMG_4969 IMG_4987 IMG_4891IMG_4951 IMG_4876

The groovy chick is my friend Aarong. We spent college dancing to funk music while cooking in down jackets and gloves. We went on adventures around campus at 3am in a foot of snow. There wouldn't be a single soul in sight except for deer, and our footprints. And we'd marvel at how beautiful everything looked covered in a blanket of snow, and listen to the sound of the snow crunch under our feet. And how could I forget her sense of artistic vision and shared interest in fashion? This girl has casual, effortless style down to a science. I'll never forget the day she rolled out of her room wearing a hoodie, a chiffon dress, gray tights and sneakers. I took one look at her, and was confused by her outfit, but somehow it worked. Only Aarong could pull something off like that and make it look cool.

IMG_5076

Aarong dresses up her casual outfit with her Dannijo necklace, and DVF bag for a pop of color.

IMG_5089 IMG_5087

We met this sweet pitbull who was all about rolling in the grass. Look at that face!

IMG_5112 IMG_5108 IMG_5003

I had a case of the butterfingers and the balloons slipped from my grasp. It was a tragic moment with lots of yelling.

Well folks, that's it for today. Thanks for stopping by and reading! I hope you enjoyed reading this post as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Photos taken by Aarong.

Post a Comment