Dots and Leather

10.16.2013

I wore this outfit for a night of quiet clubbing with Jami and Hector this past Saturday. I was originally going to wear a t-shirt, jeans, and boots because I wanted to be comfortable, but I didn't want to pass up a chance to get dressed up.

For those unfamiliar with quiet clubbing, you're given a set of headphones to listen to the music. You can switch back and forth between stations to listen to different DJ's. And you can tell which DJ people are listening to by the color of the light on their headphones. It felt a little silly and odd at first because I would take off my headphones and hear everyone singing a different song. But if I didn't like one station, I could switch to another one. And since everyone was listening to music on their headphones, it wasn't so loud that I had to scream over the music to be heard. All I had to do was take off my headphones!

PA136854 PA136845 PA136879 PA136858

Alice Ritter x Gap Top   |   One Clothing Skirt via Marshalls (similar here and here)   |   Zara Heels (similar)   |   Zara Clutch   |   Sorrelli Earrings via Nordstrom Rack (similar)

The first time I saw this top on Jade from A Spoonful of Style, I searched high and low for it in Gap. I found it in an XS which is my normal size, but the last button was a bit snug, and it was shorter than I liked. But I couldn't pass it up because of the lovely high ruffled collar, the print, and color.

Leather has always been in style, but it's become increasingly trendy within the last few years.  Leather trimmed collar, sleeves, pockets, elbow patches, seams, etc. And although I do like leather, I had my doubts about purchasing a faux leather skirt. I admire them on other people, but wasn't sure if it was something I would wear repeatedly. You know my rule about not purchasing something unless I know that I can style it several ways. But this quilted faux leather skirt was a steal for $13, so I knew it was coming home with me!

PA136849 IMG_3176

That's my sister, Jami. She's kind of awesome, especially since she let me have her Ferrero Rocher chocolates when we were kids.

By the way, have you seen the Face-kini? It's the latest beach craze in China.

Post a Comment