Earth Tones With a Pop of Red

2.08.2015

Howdy! I've been MIA because of my busy schedule lately. Here's a quick outfit post before I finish cleaning up and head to the gym.

IMG_9251-2 IMG_9264-2 IMG_9314-2 IMG_9281-2

Gap Sweater    |   Gap Pants   |   Gap Beanie   |   Jeffrey Campbell Shoes

This sweater made an appearance in my last post, and I'm wearing it again here! Slouchy sweaters are a no-brainer when it comes to incorporating them into your outfit. You can wear them with everything: mini skirts, pencil skirts, a-line skirts, jeans, trousers. Since my ensemble is mostly earth toned, I opted to wear a bright red beanie for a pop of color and extra warmth.

IMG_9282-2 IMG_9284-2 IMG_9322-2 IMG_9311-2

I've been thinking about the act of multitasking, and its effectiveness. Some say that it's not really multitasking but task switching, and that multitasking actually results in lower productivity because you're not entirely focused on one thing. What do you think? I'm always multitasking because I often feel pressed for time, and feel that things get done faster if I do several things at once. I eat breakfast while getting ready in the morning or while walking to the train. Sometimes I exercise while watching tv at home. I cook, clean, and do laundry at the same time. But now I'm rethinking this whole multitasking strategy. Sometimes I find that if I start several projects at once, I get sidetracked and then the projects are halfway done. And this is only my personal life.

At work, the multitasking increases tenfold. I always have a list of things that need to be done for the day. But there's also emails that need to be answered. People coming to you in person with questions all day. Last minute requests, deadlines to be met, tasks to delegate. Does this sound familiar to you? I'm sure you can relate. So, do you multitask and if so, do you find that it's effective? I'm really interested to know!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Post a Comment