Chambray and Thrifty Ways

1.27.2014

P1017430 P1017412-2 P1017436

Gap Shirt     |   Lucky Brand Jeans   |   J Crew Necklace (similar here and here
Tretorn Rain Boots    |   Ann Taylor Tote  |    BaubleBar Rings

Can you believe that this is my first chambray shirt? Whoever came up with chambray is brilliant. I would describe it as a mix between a denim and an oxford shirt. Softer than denim but less preppy and more laid back than an oxford. Since there was a lot of blue going on in my outfit, I brightened it up with this necklace. It's almost possible to wear a bright, floral necklace and not have a good day!

I'm a big fan of tote bags and leopard, so I was naturally drawn to this bag. I bought it half off the original price which was even better. The zippers on the side are functional, so I can choose to hide or show off the leopard print. And as much as I love tote bags, they tend to lose their shape because I carry too many things and end up with bag sag at the bottom. I didn't want to spend $20 on a base shaper, so I used my thrifty ways to make one out of cardboard! It's not the best as cardboard tends to bend but it works for now.

P1017424 P1017429

Post a Comment